PFN list corrupt
Searching for a fix to PFN list corrupt Blue Screen error on windows then now that you are at the right place as we will be telling you whta are the ways by which you can fix the error called PFN list corrupt.
The PFN list corrupt is one of the errors which usually appears on the system and shows a BSOD. The user’s main priority, once this error appears, is how to get rid of it.
This error is not quite known to a user-friendly one and hence the main priority of the individual becomes to get rid of it. This error is mostly caused due to three main issues such as faulty drivers, hardware issues, and software issues as well.
The main aim of the individual then becomes to remove this error from the system which is what the article here will focus on as well. The BSOD errors attached with this can be problematic to a few individuals as they arise from the cause of data loss.
The user will confront with several issues in the technological arena. They wouldn’t have to worry fro this one as well this article will rightly guide them through the different methods which are essential for them to know.
- Skyrim Civil War Overhaul
- Skyrim Failed To Initialize Renderer
- Nvidia Display Settings Are Not Available
- Aura Sync Not Working
The methods will be explained in simple languages which will be beneficial for them to understand.
The following are the steps mentioned below how to resolve this issue:
How To Fix PFN list corrupt Blue Screen Error
- Update Windows 10 and your drivers:
Windows 10 is not a perfect operating system. Id definitely does come up with many faults in its system as well which will arise slowly over the years. Hence, the user would have to regularly update their system so that sometimes the error can be resolved.
It is very important to keep the operating system updated to the latest because it would then help in removing the bugs. This will sometimes help in resoling the main causes at times of the issue PFN list corrupt.
Updating the operating system continuously will also help the system improving stability and security.
This will help the old hardware system to be regularly updated and stay at its maximum top priority in the functioning capacity as well. To update the system, it is necessary to download the latest software system regularly.
Update of the drivers automatically:
Searching for the drivers would be quite time-consuming. It would be better for the individual to scan and find the update on its own. It will save a lot of time and the whole process is hassle-free as well.
This automatic update will help the system be up to date at all times. Tweakbit’s Driver Updater is a driver software approves by both Microsoft and Norton Antivirus software that will help in updating the operating system regularly.
This will help in resolving any damage issues which are present in the laptop due to the automatic feature update. Once this program has been installed it will act with the current software system which is installed with the laptop on cloud and will suggest the necessary changes which are recommended for the benefit of the user’s laptop.
This will all happen after the process of scanning is complete after installation. Upon the completion of the scanning process, there will be a review that will be sent to the user.
The user will have a list of all the faults which are present in the system. The user would then just have to decide if they would want to update the driver one by one as per their wish or update all at once.
- Run the BSOD Troubleshooter:
This is a part of the windows 10 troubleshooter which keeps on occurring usually and is doing in the system of settings. It can be resolved by following the steps which are mentioned below:
- The user would be required to go to the settings application and then go to the option for update and security
- The user would require to select the option for troubleshooting from the menu
- The user would then select the option of BSOD and then click the option of run on troubleshooting
- They would then have to follow the instructions which are mentioned in detail in the troubleshooting
- Run the SFC scan:
This issue can resolve several issues in the troubleshoot. It will help in resolving various issues related to BSOD and hopefully the PFN list of corrupt errors as well. The following steps are mentioned below as to how to resolve this issue:
- The user would have to open the option for command prompt by right-clicking on the Start menu button
- They would have to enter the command sfc/scannowand then hit on the enter option.
- The user would have to wait until the whole process is done
- If there is a solution, then there would be an automatic update
- After closing the command prompt tab, the user would just have to restart their system
- Run DISM:
Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) as mentioned helps in clearing this troubleshooting method as well. It helps in re-deploying the image issue and also many other potential issues that are necessary for the working of the computer at its maximum.
This can be applied to help to resolve these issues as well and it can be done in two different ways such as:
- Go to the option of Command Prompt after right-clicking the start option
- The user is suggested to paste the following command on the setting: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- The user would have to wait until the scan is complete and it would be required to restart the whole system
Through the Windows Installation Media:
- Insert the criteria for windows installation media
- Choose the option for command prompt from the right-click mode of the Start menu
- In the command line, the user is requested to type the following commands which are mentioned below:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Now, the user would thenbe required to type the following command and press enter to resolve the issue:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
5. Checking of the system of hard drive:
Whenever there is anything wrong with the hard drive, BSODs are always the right solution. One would just have to check the necessary additions which are required to resolve the problem of the hardwood. To do this, we would have to use the CHKDSK command and it will just scan through the partition and resolve any of the potential problems which are causing the whole issue. The following steps mentioned below will help in resolving the whole issue:
- Entering the Advanced Startup is quite necessary. This is done while restarting the computer from the shift key
- Then the user would have to choose the option for troubleshooting from the option of advanced
- From the list of options, it is suggested to choose the command prompt option
- After the appearance of the Command Prompt, the lines and commands below are to be mentioned before the enter button hits:
- bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
- ootrec.exe /fixmbr
- bootrec.exe /fixboot
- The user would then just have to type these additional commands which will help in the drive partition. They would have to click on the command prompt option and enter the following commands which are beneficial:
- chkdsk /r c:
- chkdsk /r d:
These commands are necessary to know for cases where there is any hardware problem arising.
6. Disabling of Microsoft Onedrive:
One Drive has always been an essential part of SC Windows 10. It is a great tool which will allow the individuals to collaborate and share files through a similar format line the cloud.
This has sometimes been an issue for the PFN list. In order to resolve this issue, one would have to disable the OneDrive and do the following steps as needed which are mentioned below:
- Press the option for Windows key button + R and select the option for editing group policy
- When the local group policy editor opens, from the navigate of the left panel, one would have to locate the option for local computer policy. From there they go to the computer configuration where they have to select the administrative templates. There would then be an option for Windows components which would lead to OneDrive.
- From the right panel, One would just have to prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage and they would have to just double-click it.
- They would have to select the option of enabled and click to apply and okay to disable the OneDrive
There are some alternatives as well which will help the individuals as well:
- One would have to press the Windows key + R and enter the option for regedit. We will have to press enter or click okay which will then begin to start the registry editor.
- Once the registry editor would start, the user would then need to be navigated to the following key which will be mentioned in the left pane:
- The user is required to click the Windows key and search for OneDrive. If the step doesn’t seem useful, then the next step which is mentioned would be helpful.
- Right-click the option for Windows key and then the user would have to select new and then key. They would have to enter the option as one Drive during the name of the key.
- The user is requested to select the OneDrive key. From the right pane, they will have to right-click and choose the option New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. The user then would have to enter the option DisableFileSyncNGSC as the new name of DWORD.
Conclusion: PFN list corrupt
This article has been explained in detail for those individuals who face this issue of PFN list corrupt repeatedly and have been struggling to help with this. The solution methods over here are authentic and have proven to be quite helpful.